Monday, September 6, 2010

Madness Monday - He must be somewhere....

I have a copy of a document dated 8 Dec 1881 for Frank Vlcek.
I suspect that he may be the father of Stephen Welcheck (Vlcek) but, as usual,  need more information.
A lot of very good information is given on this document, but, much to my frustration (hence this Madness Monday post), I cannot find any other references to this person. 
Perhaps someone with a fresh eye can help me out please. 
Thank you!! Theresa

(click on image to enlarge)

2 comments:

Susan Clark said...

Theresa - I played around with the 1880 census (it was that or weed the garden) for a bit. This does nothing to help you with this Vlcek record, but have you seen the 1880 Cuyahoga County census record indexed Stephen Watcher, age 14, born Bohemia, son of Frank & Katie Watcher? He's listed as working in an iron works. Not a sure match, by far, but the best I could do before the weeds grabbed me.
There should be an institution somewhere for those of us driven mad researching our immigrant ancestors.

TCasteel said...

You hit the jackpot on that find!! Welcheck/ Watcher... you did it!
Thank you so much! Regards, Theresa